ONV Arkitekter and JAJA Architects recently won the 4th delivery of the affordable housing concept ‘AlmenBolig+’ in collaboration with Bascon and ScandiByg. Consisting of 3-400 housing units on sites in and around Copenhagen, their winning proposal offers a huge variation of housing sizes and building typologies. Also, by using the prefab module, this ensures a free and flexible design of each area. More images and architects’ description after the break. Continue Reading →
Tag Archives | Denmark
Located in an industrial area near the city centre the new BIG-designed Waste-to-Energy plant will be an exemplary model in the field of waste management and energy production, as well as an architectural landmark in the cityscape of Copenhagen.
The project is the single largest environmental initiative in Denmark and replaces the adjacent outdated Amagerforbraending plant, integrating the latest technologies in waste treatment and environmental performance. Continue Reading →
Danish design team Kollision sent us their latest work within the field of media architecture — the fifty meter long reactive SPINE floating in space continually displaying new movements, light scenes and sounds.
SPINE was displayed between November 15th and December 15th 2012 at Godsbanen in Aarhus, Denmark, during the Media Architecture Biennale 2012. Kollision designed Spine in close collaboration with CAVI, Mads Wahlberg, Henrik Munch (Sorten Muld) and TEKNE Produktion. Continue Reading →
Our friends from CEBRA shared their recently awarded Sports Center design with us.
The 3.5 m2 extension will incorporate handicap friendly solutions within a sports facility, as almost 50 % of the students attending Egmont High School experience some form of disability whether it be that they are blind, mentally challenged or an amputee. Entitled Kolden, the Danish world for ‘the globe’, the project reflects the fact the everyone is welcomed in the facility. Continue Reading →
- Qatar 2022 and AS&P Release Proposals for Five Stadiums in Bid for FIFA World Cup 2022 July 14, 2010
- HOK-Designed King Abdullah University of Science and Technology Earns AIA ‘Top Ten Green Projects’ Award April 22, 2010
- ‘Art Bridge’ Los Angeles by wHY architecture December 14, 2009
- Internet of Things & Smart Cities Offer Intriguing Prospects February 28, 2014
- Honeycomb Resort Design for The Bahamas Unveiled January 31, 2014
- Work Begins at ‘Doha Sharq Crossing’ by Santiago Calatrava January 31, 2014